Are you looking for Kinemaster Chroma Key, what it is, and how it works? This is the most useful function of a video editor for editing green screen footage.
Do you love watching behind-the-scenes footage from the recordings of your favorite movies, TV shows, and even social media videos featuring famous influencers and celebrities?
If the answer is yes, then you might also be aware of seeing a green or blue color background as well.
But have you ever considered finding out why is it that these scenes have plain green or blue color backgrounds or screens when in actuality they portray unrealistically and sometimes totally horrifying incidents happening in the background.
Well, the simple and quick answer to your question is that to create these scenes, a technique and concept is used, commonly known as ‘Chroma Key’, and the green or blue color plain background is a part of it.
What is Chroma Key?
‘Chroma key’ or ‘Chroma keying’ or even ‘Chroma key compositing’ is a technique that involves recording or shooting scenes with a plain blue or green color screen in the background.
After recording the scenes, special software and techniques are used during the editing process to render a completely different scene.
In simple words, this specifically involves replacing, compositing the green or blue colored plain screen layer with another image or video.
Chroma and Key or Keying
Basically, the word ‘Chroma’ is adapted from the chroma range of a color used in the process and ‘Key’ or ‘Keying’ means making the background transparent by removing the green background from behind of the main object in order to replace it with something else.
Application of Chroma Key and examples
This technique is pretty much common these days as it not only saves time but is also helpful in making scenes that would otherwise have been nearly impossible to shoot.
For instance, a man hanging from a tall building located on a busy road with heavy traffic or some fight scene or some person running from a huge creature, etc. are all common examples of using chroma keying compositing technique.
The link between the Green screen and Chroma Key technique
Now if you have been reading carefully till this point, you might have noticed that we repeatedly mentioned using blue or green color plain screen for enabling the chroma key technique.
This means that it isn’t any color of choice that can be used for this purpose but only blue or green, as this is the more appropriate color that suits this technique most.
However, as a matter of fact blue color is also rarely used nowadays and green is the only preferred and widely used color that remains.
A clear and technical reason for this is because bright green is the color that least interferes with human skin, hence it is easy to remove from the background surrounding the main object.
How to use Chroma Key on KineMaster video editing software?
Due to its wide usage and applicability to cast various scenes, most of the latest video editing software for personal computers and smartphones also comes equipped with this functionality. If Kinemaster Chroma Key not showing then enable it from settings.
One such popular smartphone app is KineMaster.
Here we briefly discuss how you can use the KineMaster app chroma key option.
- The first and the most important thing in order to use the KineMaster chroma key feature is to have a smartphone with a chipset that can support this function.
- Now the next thing is to have a video clip with a green screen in the background.
- Now in the app, go to your gallery and select any image or gallery to use in place of the green screen.
- Now tap on the layer option appearing in the circular menu on the right and import the video with the green screen background.
- Now open the chroma key interface to select the chroma key option. This option appears automatically once the app detects importing a video with a green screen background.
- Next, enable the chroma key option to remove the green screen.
- Now you can add text, effects and show your creativity to edit the video as you want.
- Once done, tap on the Share button to export your video.